This Page

has been moved to new address

My First Blogiversary

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Adventures of a Suburban Kitty: My First Blogiversary

Thursday, April 14, 2011

My First Blogiversary

Today is my first blogiversary. I can’t believe a year has gone by so quickly. And what a year it’s been! Better get comfy because this blog’s gonna be a little on the long side. MOL!

Here’s a partial list:

My sweetie Curzon
  1. Joined Twitter, Fursbook, and Facebook and started blogging.
  2. Gained over 1,000 Twitter followers, 246 Facebook friends, and almost 100 regular blog readers.
  3. Wrote 97 blogs here and a couple over at Anipals Read.
  4. Tweeted over 13,5000 tweets. (I’m a real chatterbox, aren’t I?)
  5. Met tweeters from all over the world and made tons of amazing friends.
  6. Sadly, had a bunch of friends go OTRB.
  7. Wrote (well, edited) a book. More about that later.
  8. Adopted a shelter to help support (still working on how to do that effectively).
  9. Went to Blogpaws West 2010.
  10. Stayed in a hotel!
  11. Went lots of cool places in my stroller.
  12. Met some of my twitter friends live and in person.
  13. Went out to dinner at a restaurant. How many kitties can say they’ve been to a restaurant?
  14. Been interviewed for Cats Who Twitter and Anipal Times.
  15. Adopted two fursibs, Candy & EK.
  16. Joined #pinkangels and got a cool Hello Kitty motorcycle.
  17. Became a barktender for #nipclub & #pawpawties.
  18. Got an even cooler vehicle - a Lamborghini Gallardo.
  19. Had a hareem for a while, but now I got a sweetie - Curzon from @UsCoons.
  20. Was bridesmaid in a wedding and am going to be in another one.
  21. Attended lots of pawties.
  22. Won mountains of super cool prizes.
  23. Got Toki Poki cards and traded them with my friends.
  24. Got to wear lots of cool costumes.
  25. Was nominated for an Anipal Academy Award (but didn’t win).
  26. Candy & EK
  27. Entered the 2011 Teddy Olympics.

And that’s just what I can think of right now. I know there’s stuff I’m forgetting.

Most of my blogs have been about fun stuff and exciting adventures, but there have been a few serious ones, too. And I’m gonna get serious now for a little bit. As you all know, I keep trying to raise funds to help out Duncan’s Place (http://duncansplace.org/), which is where Candy and EK came from . I’ve put up a chip-in to raise some money for them. They do so much for the cats in their care and for the community and I really want to do whatever I can to help them. If you can see your way clear to donate, even just $1, please do so. 

Another way you can donate is by getting a copy of ‘Summer at the Lake with Petie’. My good pal @BlindMaximus was kind enough to write a blog about it and to put a link to my chip-in on his site. How amazing is that? @Rumblepurr is also helping. He has a link to my book on his blog. If I’ve missed anyone who still has a link up, please let me know. I want to make sure everyone who’s helping me gets mentioned. 

I’m gonna really push the book here for a minute, because of the way the website where I sell the books works. There has to be $25 in my account before they’ll cut a check. What goes in the account is the difference between the cost of the book and how much extra I added on to have to donate to Duncan’s Place. I’m short by about 4 books worth in order to get paid. It was 6 books worth, but @BlindMaximus bought a copy in addition to blogging about it, and @iamDaisyDoo bought a copy to donate for a prize for the next #pawpawty. Anipals really are the best pals. So I’m really hoping that at least 4 of you will order books so I can get one last check to donate.

And now the moment you’ve all been waiting for - the Giveaway! A while back I won a wonderful prize package from the folks at Nutro. It was very similar to this one:
It took a while until we actually got to eat the Nutro Natural Choice food that was in the prize because of Candy’s tummy problems, but we finally got to try it a couple weeks ago. We loved it!

Even more important, it doesn’t upset Candy’s tummy. We think the food is soooo good and you know how we love Greenies, so I wanted someone else to have a chance at the same wonderful prize package. I asked @EdnaAtNutro and the wonderful folks at Nutro if it would be possible to arrange one for my blogiversary. The answer was yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So it is my pleasure to offer you a chance at this package full of fun and yum. Here’s the particulars:

  1. Anyone is welcome to enter for the drawing, but the prize is a cat prize.
  2. Apologies to my pals outside the U.S.A., but the winner has to be in the U.S.A.
Here’s how you enter.
  1. Go to the Nutro (www.Nutro.com) site and pick which formula of Nutro Natural Choice you’d like.
  2. Go to the Greenies (www.greenies.com) site and pick which flavor of Feline Greenies Dental Treats you’d like
  3. Leave a comment saying you want to be in the drawing and telling me which flavors you’d like.
The last step is the most important. I know lots of pals who are not entering will also leave comments, so make sure to tell me you're entering the drawing.

Comments left by April 30th will qualify for the drawing. After the 30th, I’ll throw all the names in a magic internet hat and pull out the winner. The winner be announced May 8th. Good luck!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

33 Comments:

At April 14, 2011 at 1:48 AM , Anonymous Sparkle said...

Happy blogoversary, Pumpkin! I can't believe you've only been blogging for a year - it seems like you have always been around!

 
At April 14, 2011 at 3:55 AM , Blogger Bad Andy said...

WoWie ~ you accomplished so much just in one leetle year! ConCATS! :)

I just bought your book, YaY! I wanna enter your cool contest, too.

Mama says I better ask for Nutro "Indoor Healthy Weight Adult" hhrruummpphh
But I get to choose the Greenies - "Oven Roasted Chicken" I like me some bird!

Thanks Pumpkin! Happy Bloggyversary to you <3

 
At April 14, 2011 at 5:13 AM , Blogger Kea said...

Happy Blogoversary! That's an awful lot to cram into one year! LOL!

Have a fabulous day!

-Fuzzy Tales

 
At April 14, 2011 at 6:43 AM , Blogger Backcountry Brodie said...

My head do be spinning from all of the fun stuffs you has done in the past year. Happy Blogoversary!

 
At April 14, 2011 at 8:02 AM , Blogger Admiral Hestorb said...

Happy Blogaversary sweet furriend. I believe I wished you a sunny puddle this meowning on Twitter. MOL

 
At April 14, 2011 at 8:20 AM , Blogger Adelle Stavis said...

Chloe and Zoe think its awfully sweet of you to celebrate their birthday by having your own blogiversary. Sending lots of purrs!

 
At April 14, 2011 at 9:19 AM , Blogger Pumpkinpuddy said...

@Bad Andy <3 to you, too. Thanks for buying my book. The kitties at Duncan's Place thank you, too.

 
At April 14, 2011 at 9:33 AM , Blogger Mariodacat said...

Happy BlogAversary sweetie. What a great year it has been for you too. m will toss something in your chipin, but she already as that GREAT book and highly recommend it as an excellent book. If you are on Twitter, it's a MUST have but even non Twitterers can enjoy it.

 
At April 14, 2011 at 9:41 AM , Anonymous @EdnaAtNutro said...

Happy Blogiversary Pumpkin!
I'm amazed at all the things you've accomplished this past year.
May you celebrate many more! :-D

 
At April 14, 2011 at 10:56 AM , Blogger Adelle Stavis said...

Chloe has asked to prrrease enter the contest. She has the same tummy troubles as Candy. Actually, she was thinking the toys would make a great birthday present.

Thank you for celebrating your milestone with a fun activity!

 
At April 14, 2011 at 12:47 PM , Blogger Amy & the house of cats said...

Hi Pumpkin! Wow, happy blogoversary! We are so glad mom is back to visiting again in time to not miss it! We can't believe it has only been a year but also that it is already a year - we kinda feel like we have known you forever, but also not that long at all!

We would love to enter the contest if we can do it so that our prize will go to our friend Chrystal at Daily Dose of Dogs to help her foster kitties. If so then we think that indoor adult active would be the choice for the Nutro and for the greenies well of course we have to go with oven roasted chicken - yum!

Thanks for having such a cool contest and congrats on your Blogoversary!!!

 
At April 14, 2011 at 12:51 PM , Blogger Pumpkinpuddy said...

@Amy and The House of Cats
If you win you can send the prize wherever you want. I think that's a wonderful idea to donate it to someone who's fostering kitties! Good luck.

 
At April 14, 2011 at 1:01 PM , Blogger HH and The Boys said...

Happy Blogiversary. I can't believe how much you accomplished in a year. One thing... I'm so thankful that I met you. Have a great day.

pawhugs, Max

 
At April 14, 2011 at 1:05 PM , Blogger Lynx217 said...

@Pumpkinpuddy
We would love to enter too! But if we were to win we wanna donate to the Cat Angels Network here that does so much wonderful work here. If we win we will get the info from Nimbus' vet for you.

 
At April 14, 2011 at 1:08 PM , Blogger Boris Kitty said...

U sure haz packed a lot of fun into da span of one lil year!

Human2 did enjoy meetin u in pawson at BlogPaws West. Herz lubs ur ride.

I would likes to enter ur contesty (I needs more noms dem fosters eatin all mines up!) Iffen we wins we would likes Indoor Healthy Weight Adult Oceanfish Flavor.

Nosetaps and Concats! Here's to many mnay more blogiversaries!

 
At April 14, 2011 at 3:45 PM , Blogger Catsparella said...

Happy 1st Blogoversary, Pumpkin!! You've had quite a year! Keep it up, and continue "strolling" along to your next adventure! :)

 
At April 14, 2011 at 3:57 PM , Blogger ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Happy Blogoversary Pumpkin!
Wow I've been blogging nearly 6 years and I haven't don't as much as you!
We'd like to enter your contest!
Our choices are:
Nutro Indoor Healthy Weigh Adule
Greenies: Ocean Fish


>^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^<
Abby Ping Jinx Boo Gracie
purrin
xoxox
~ManxMnews

 
At April 14, 2011 at 4:53 PM , Blogger Sami said...

This be @toughteddybear

Happy Blogiversary!!! One year is quite the accomplishment. Loved the "lake With Petie" book as well. Really do like to read ur adventures.

I would like to enter your drawing. My choices are: Active Health Adult Oceanfish Flavor and Savory Salmon for the Greenies.

Thanks for all you do. Love @toughteddybear

 
At April 14, 2011 at 5:16 PM , Blogger TinyPearlCat said...

Nice work keeping track of everything you have done. PAwesome bloggy post.
I would enter, but Edna already sent me some for a pawpawty prize. Ma uses the hand bag. Greenies are our top favorite treat, and the food is always great. *pawhuggs* for you and Edna

 
At April 14, 2011 at 8:09 PM , Blogger MizzBassie said...

Happy Blogoversary Pumpkin! Wow, look at all the stuff you've done this year. Pretty amazing for a kitty. I admire you for going to a restaurant, wow!

I'm so glad you found the right food for Candy's tummy and I'd like to enter your contest. We love everything, we are all former strays here, not picky. And we love greenies; the vet recommends them for out teeth. Thank you for having the contest. Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrs

 
At April 14, 2011 at 8:25 PM , Blogger The Island Cats said...

Happy Blogoversary, Pumpkin!! You sure have had a busy year!! Here's to many more years of blogging!! We won't enter the contest since we eat special foods because of Ernie's allergies. But good luck to everybuddy else!!

 
At April 14, 2011 at 8:57 PM , Blogger Sebastian said...

What a great way to celebrate your blogiversary! I'm glad Mom got to meet you at BlogPaws! I would love to enter your contest. I would like to try the Nutro Active Health Adult and my fave Greenies treats are the Savory Salmon.

 
At April 14, 2011 at 9:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pumpkin, Happy Blogiversay, congratulations on all the wonderful things you and your mommy have done for all the furry kids!! Especially DP:) Hugs to all, and why not I willenter the drawing, the furkids love Greenies, and Nutro:) Say Hi to EK and Candy from us:)

 
At April 14, 2011 at 9:59 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Happy blogiversary! You haf dun qwite a lot in da last year. -@spike_cat

 
At April 15, 2011 at 11:49 AM , Anonymous @shivaandjaya said...

Happy to you!

XXXX

 
At April 15, 2011 at 9:33 PM , Blogger blindmaximus said...

I'm so glad to see so many pals entering the contest! I actually won a similar prize package at a #pawpawty a while back for my kitties and they were super excited. I know whoever wins this prize from your blog will love it! And concatulations on your first blogiversary!

 
At April 16, 2011 at 3:56 PM , Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

happy belated blogaversary!!!!

 
At April 17, 2011 at 12:42 PM , Blogger Oskar said...

Happy Blogoversary. I would love to enter for my kitty sisters.

They would like to try the Nutro Natural Choice Indoor Mature Health Senior formula. From Greenies they would choose the oven roasted chicken Feline Dental Treats.

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

hoerauf at comcast dot net

 
At April 17, 2011 at 4:43 PM , Anonymous Sparkle said...

I've decided to enter - if I win, I will be giving the food and treats to one of the local rescues. I would want the Nutro Indoor Active Health Adult and the Greenies Oven Roasted Chicken treats!

 
At April 17, 2011 at 7:48 PM , Blogger Lily said...

Concatulations on a year of fabulous blog posts Pumpkin!You rock! I'd love to enter your contest-My fav Greenies flavor is Succulent Beef. Because my sisfur Luna is a bit overweight we have to have the Indoor Healthy Weigh dry Cat food! Thanks for this pawsome opportunity!
<# Lily

 
At April 17, 2011 at 8:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Well now you have a ton of comments! We would like to enter the contest too! =) It doesn't matter what flavor of food. Nutro is a good brand, we've tried them before!

Now, I'm a dog... but I like to play with the cats we live with! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeJ_XtvP1HE (Although it's hard to say who the winner is here!)

 
At April 18, 2011 at 7:23 AM , Blogger Clarissa said...

Happy Blogaversary, sweetie! We would like to enter your contest! We've never tried Nutro but we LOVE Greenies!!! It doesn't matter about the flavor to us, either. We are all senior cats if that helps.

Purrs,
Clarissa & Co.

 
At April 18, 2011 at 9:27 AM , Anonymous Allie_Kitti said...

*giggle* HI Pumpkin! *wiggles pink toenails at girlfurriend* Happy Blogoversary!!

(I'm still STILL waiting on Mom to make ME one. I mean, the Ol' Poop, Ryker has his own! *hmpf*)

I just ADORE my Nutro!! Can I trade you some Nutro for Faraday? He keeps EATING my FOOD!

My favorite is the PINK bag (of course) but it has nothing to do with healthy weight, I assure you. *sniff* I'm Full Figured. Not Fat. Just ask anyone, rilly!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home