This Page

has been moved to new address

Natural Disaster in Japan

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Adventures of a Suburban Kitty: Natural Disaster in Japan

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Natural Disaster in Japan

My dear furriends. We've all heard about and seen the images from the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. I posted in Twitter asking where we could send money to help the animals that are victims of this disaster. It was easy to find links of where to send money and things to help people, but I couldn't find anyone focusing on saving animals. @kurousanohaha, who lives in Japan, saw my tweet and was kind enough to send me this link: Animal Refuge Kansai. Edit - just did my donation. It does the donation in yen, so you'll have to look up the exchange rate to figure out how many yen equal what you want to donate in your currency.

I know there have been a lot of appeals lately for money, but this has been a bizarre year for unusual natural disasters all over the world. My mom's old, and she can't remember ever seeing so many natural disasters happening in so many places so quickly, one after the other, like there's been the last year or so. I really hope we can all dig down a little deeper and find an extra dollar or two to send. There are a few thousand of us anipals here on Twitter, and if we each just send a dollar that would be a few thousand to help save animals suffering because of the earthquake.

You can also give money to the SPCA International. And I just found out from Life with Cats that the American Humane Association is also collecting to funds targeted for Japan.

More sites with links:
Curls and Swirlz, Life with Cornish Rex Cats
Japan Animal Aid
The Conscious Cat - This blog has a bunch of links to places giving help. Some the same as what's already here and some are different. Besides, who doesn't want to meet a new blog pal? Check it out!

It's Saturday and that means Blog Hop! Join the fun:

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At March 12, 2011 at 10:24 AM , Blogger Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

I posted some info on my blog too...
http://furrydancecats.blogspot.com/2011/03/to-help-animals-in-japan.html

 
At March 12, 2011 at 10:37 AM , Blogger Mariodacat said...

Thanks Pumpkin. I'll go over and make a donation. M is old too and she can't ever remember a time when there have been so many world disasters within a few short months. I sure hope all this stops soon or there won't be any countries left on the planet. My heart really goes out to all the countries dealing with these issues.

 
At March 12, 2011 at 3:28 PM , Blogger dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

Pumpkin, you are so kind to animals all over the world. I feel very lucky to know you.

 
At March 13, 2011 at 2:58 PM , Blogger Backcountry Brodie said...

It do be so furry sad the horribull things wot happen to peeples and anipals off ofur the werld.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home