This Page

has been moved to new address

Sunday Musings

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Adventures of a Suburban Kitty: Sunday Musings

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Sunday Musings

We must be the luckiest kitties in the whole world! We got wonderful stuff for Yule. Take a look!



A couple of these are videos so you may need to go to Picasa to see them.

Our pal Sweet Praline is pawticipating in Paw it Forward. We told her we wanted to pawticipate, too. So for our Paw it Forward we're gonna give some of our toys to the local shelter. We were gonna take them today, but we were talking to @BabyPatches at the #catmasweve pawty and found out her mama put lots of stuff on sale for after Catmas. So Mom ordered some more stuff from Nip and Bones to add to it. When that stuff gets here, Mom's gonna take it to the local shelter. I think we'll send Evie to snoopervise and report back on the visit.

This has been an interesting year. It started out kind of iffy. As some of you remember, we almost didn't get to keep our pretty house. But the bank people finally saw sense and fixed things so we could afford to keep paying.

Then in the summer, Mom went to Massychewsits. She was gone a long time and I was very lonely without her even though I had a kittysitter. So when Mom came home, I got antsy every day when she went to work. I was always afraid she'd leave me alone again for many days. Mom decided I needed fursibs so I'd never be lonely again. At first I wasn't thrilled with the idea, but as usual, Mom's right. Now that the squirts have been here a while I really like them. And I love having playmates. Even though I like them I'm still gonna call them squirts. MOL

We made some wonderful new furriends this year, but lost some of them before we even really got to know them. I miss Inigo very much. I'm glad Ryker decided to tweet from OTRB because otherwise I'd miss him something terrible. And there were Sniffie, Mookie, Hollie, and so many others. It's been a very sad fall. I wish we didn't ever have to be sad, but just the fact that we're here, blogging, tweeting, and making and losing furriends just shows how lucky we are. Every time I lose a furriend, I think of all the poor animals that don't have homes or furriends at all. Or worse, homes where they're abused. The fact that we're all loved the way we are truly does make us the luckiest animals in the world.

'Summer at the Lake with Petie' did fairly well. 43 copies sold, allowing me to donate over $160 to Duncan's Place. My goal was 100 copies, but I guess that wasn't a realistic goal and I'm pretty happy with how the book did.

Mom's coming up on a very busy time at work, so I'm not gonna get much computer time the next couple of months. Please forgive me if I don't comment on your blogs. I am coming by to visit even when I don't let you know I've been there. I do want to keep up on what's going on with my pals.

I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year. I hope the coming year brings peace and love to everyone, especially those that don't have it right now. I wish everyone in the world had as much love in their lives as we have in ours.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

At December 26, 2010 at 1:34 PM , Blogger Mariodacat said...

What a lovely post sweetie & so nice of you to Paw It Forward. he he - you really did get a lot of toys for Chrispymas. We'll miss you and your fursibs, but understand how it is with oomans and that something called work.

 
At December 26, 2010 at 1:39 PM , Blogger Katnip Lounge said...

Yeowza! You do have a ton of toys! That's very nice of you to paw some forward...We did a commentathon for our paw it forward and donated some green papers to a private rescue. It feels good to help, doesn't it?
Happy holidays!

 
At December 26, 2010 at 1:42 PM , Blogger Sweet Purrfections said...

Merry Christmas to you, too! How thoughtful of you to send stuff to the kitties in need.

 
At December 26, 2010 at 3:22 PM , Blogger Backcountry Brodie said...

At least with getting the two squirts you dussn't has to worry about sharing coz there do be plenty of toys to go around!

 
At December 26, 2010 at 7:09 PM , Blogger Oskar said...

I looks like a great Christmas!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

 
At December 26, 2010 at 8:18 PM , Blogger Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Wow you have a lot of toys!!! So nice you are going to get some for kitties that aren't as fortunate as you are.
We wish you and your Mom the happiest of New Year's!

 
At December 26, 2010 at 9:57 PM , Anonymous Sparkle said...

That is a great way to paw it forward! You know what I really wish? That I could wave my fluffy tail and homes would magically appear for all the kitties who need them! Wouldn't that be great?

 
At December 28, 2010 at 9:12 AM , Blogger Amy & the house of cats said...

What a great post Pumpkin. We are sad that so many friends left for the Rainbow Bridge this year. And we think it is great you are going to be helping to cheer up so many shelter kitties - we know they will really appreciate it!!

 
At December 28, 2010 at 9:52 AM , Blogger Brian's Home Blog said...

I does look like you had a very nice Christmas. I know what you mean, I miss lots of our friends too. I hope you and you Mom have a wonderful New Year and I'm so happy you're getting along with your sibs!!!

 
At December 30, 2010 at 1:33 PM , Blogger Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Quite a special Christmas you had! I think if we put all our toys in one pile, it would be overwhelming, as we have 3 baskets with toys in them in different rooms...then we still steal Teri's socks and things...

We are glad you got to keep your pretty house and that in spite of all that, you kept your heart and kindness and think of the other kitties out there who need toys, too...

 
At January 6, 2011 at 9:51 AM , Blogger Cathy Keisha said...

We think alike. After the Holidays I gave away many toys and presents to our shelter. It's become a Christmas tradition at our house. I'll miss your comments and tweets but will be thinking of you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home