This Page

has been moved to new address

Random Stuff on a Tuesday

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Adventures of a Suburban Kitty: Random Stuff on a Tuesday

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Random Stuff on a Tuesday

Guess what I got today! A picture of GinaTheMinPin reading 'Summer at the Lake with Petie'. How cool is this?

Catching up on my reading

And another wonderful friend, @BunnyJeanCook, has written about the book on her blog, Bunny's Blog. Now, if you've never visited Bunny's Blog, you should. Unlike yours truly, Bunny tackles important stuff on her blog. Here's just a couple of the things she's written about:

Help Pawcurious Help Homeless Pets
Adopt a Less-Adoptable Pet Week

I hope you'll all add Bunny's Blog to your reading list!

If anyone else wants to send me a picture of themselves reading Summer at the Lake with Petie, please do! Maybe I'll make a whole page of the pictures.

In other news, @BorisKitty is still collecting green papers to help Peanut and Kiki's families with the v-e-t bills. These poor kitties were shot with a pellet gun and need lots of v-e-t help. And that means lots and lots of green papers. So help out anyway you can, even if it's just one or two little papers.

I'm sorry to say that I'm going to end on a sad note here. Yet another beautiful angel, Whiska Pusskat, has crossed the Rainbow Bridge to get his wings. You can read about him here: Whiska Pusskat: In Memorium. I hope you'll all stop by and say a word or two to his family.

There have been so many furriends crossing the bridge lately that I'm thinking I should add an 'In Memorium' page to my blog. Except I'm wondering if that's just a little morbid. What do you think?

In case we don't get to talk to each other again before Thursday, Happy Thanksgiving!

Edit: Here's @smokey8's sisfer, Princess.


She's been doing a lot of reading. Looks like she just finished not just  'Summer at the Lake with Petie', but also 'welcom to my werld' by my pal Henry Steiff (@henryandfriends). Looks like Princess is quite the reader. Now all she needs are copies of @maxthequiltcat's book, 'The Zen of Max' and @CheshireK's book,'Please Send Money' (which I read and thoroughly enjoyed).

Speaking of  'The Zen of Max', I won a copy from the drawing on Max's blog! I'll be doing a review of it after I read it. Can't wait!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

At November 23, 2010 at 1:33 PM , Blogger Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Cat Chat http://opcatchat.blogspot.com

 
At November 23, 2010 at 2:16 PM , Blogger Mariodacat said...

I don't think it's morbid. In fact, I had briefly thought about the same thing. It's you bloggy and I think the families of the OTRB anipals you wrote about would probably appreciate it.

 
At November 23, 2010 at 3:17 PM , Blogger Bunny Jean Cook said...

fanks fur letting us know Pumpkin - i will stop over to visit Whiska Pusscat's family. i fink it's nice dat u mention da anipals who haf recently crossed da RB, and i'm sure der families appreciate it. xoxo BJC

 
At November 23, 2010 at 3:21 PM , Blogger Kea said...

We have a Furriends at the Bridge page on our blog now, and Purrs Page too. Not morbid at all, but a lovely way to honour kitties and other species who have passed to the Bridge.

 
At November 23, 2010 at 3:46 PM , Blogger Oskar said...

That bridge has been WAY too busy lately.

We're having a book giveaway on Pet Blogs United that you should check out!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

 
At November 23, 2010 at 4:23 PM , Blogger Backcountry Brodie said...

Concatulashuns on winning Max's book! You can read it to you little ones if'n they sit still long enuff! Happy Thanksgiving!

 
At November 23, 2010 at 5:10 PM , Blogger Brian's Home Blog said...

I hadn't heard about Whiska, I will stop by in a bit. I've been thinking about a memorial page too, it's not morbid at all, we love and miss those that left for the Bridge. I hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving too!

 
At November 23, 2010 at 5:48 PM , Blogger The Island Cats said...

We think a memorial page is a great way to remember and pay tribute to those that have left us!!

 
At November 23, 2010 at 7:30 PM , Anonymous Sparkle said...

Concatulations on winning Max's book! Another kitty family has a Memorial page on their blog, and it is a bit sad, but I think it's nice to have, to remember the kitties who are no longer with us.

 
At November 24, 2010 at 9:49 AM , Blogger Holly said...

I think the Memorium page is a great idea!! Not morbid at all!

 
At November 29, 2010 at 12:48 PM , Blogger Amy & the house of cats said...

Hi Pumpkin! We think it is great idea to do a memorial page - we have been thinking of it ourselves! And we think it is cool that you are getting pictures of everyone reading the book too!

We hope you had a great Thanksgiving! We have missed visiting you since mom can't get on from work anymore!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home