This Page

has been moved to new address

Pet Carriers

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Adventures of a Suburban Kitty: Pet Carriers

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pet Carriers


Peek-a-boo! Here I am in my little red tent. I just love love love my little red tent. So do EK and Candy. We love them so much, we have two of them! We play in them, we sleep in them, & we hide in them and jump out to pounce on each other. We have fun every way a kitty can have fun in our tents.

You're probably wondering, "What does this have to do with pet carriers?" Well, I'll tell you. Our magnificent little red tents are actually pet carriers. They have two zippers, so you can arrange them to open front, back or top. There are handles at the top for carrying. We love our tents so much we don't even mind getting in them to go to the v-e-t. That's right. Off to the v-e-t no muss, no fuss, no crying, no hiding. We just get in our tents and go.

We've read about a lot of furriends that have had to visit the v-e-t lately. They dread getting in the PTU (prisoner transport unit). They hide and run away and make it very difficult for their humans to get them in the PTU. Now, none of us, anipal or human,  likes going to the v-e-t. But sometimes you just have to go. So why not make the PTU fun?

Our tents are out all the time. We don't have any warning about being off to the v-e-t since nothing new happens until we get there. Mom scoops us up, puts us in our tents, and off we go. Our first hint that this isn't a new game is when she seatbelts the carrier into the car. And since I've had stroller outings involving the car, for all I know we're going on an outing!

I think everyone should have a fun carrier. I think it would make going to the v-e-t or anywhere else you have to go much less stressful. Don't forget to get nice fleecy beds to put in them. That makes them extra cozy and comfy!

My tent came from Target. I've never seen this type of carrier anywhere else. If any of you know of other fun carriers, post the link in the comments. There's three of us and soon the two little ones will be too big to share and we'll need a third carrier. It would be fun to have a new shape.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

23 Comments:

At January 26, 2011 at 11:34 AM , Blogger Kea said...

Those are great carriers! We have three that are out all the time, two of which are top-loading and are used as PTUs. No fuss there, either, the mom just picks us up and puts us in via the top. But they're not as fun as yours, of course!

 
At January 26, 2011 at 11:41 AM , Blogger M Dawson said...

Wow - they look really nice don't they?!!! No wonder you like them so much. They look like smart kitty houses!!

 
At January 26, 2011 at 12:15 PM , Blogger Pip said...

Oh Boy! those are nice tents!

 
At January 26, 2011 at 1:46 PM , Blogger Cathy Keisha said...

Whoa! I'd like one of those. You look so cute playing hide and seek in yours. Bet my new one isn't nearly as good.

 
At January 26, 2011 at 2:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

sneaky, but fun!

 
At January 26, 2011 at 3:02 PM , Blogger Mariodacat said...

That does look like a nice pet carrier. M had bought me a new one last year, but she wishes she had seen this first. So nice.

 
At January 26, 2011 at 4:53 PM , Blogger Catsparella said...

That's pretty cool.. I never saw anything like it before! You look furry cute and cozy in there :)

 
At January 26, 2011 at 5:14 PM , Blogger Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

those really are fabulous tents!!! I did have a top loading carrier once and that didn't work well with Cody at all...now he just has a traditional carrier. I may have to go to Target and check these out. Do you have the brand name?
Thanks so much for sharing this!

 
At January 26, 2011 at 5:18 PM , Blogger Pumpkinpuddy said...

@Cat Chat With Caren And Cody If you click on "Target" it's a link to the cat carrier. They only have them online.

 
At January 26, 2011 at 5:42 PM , Anonymous Sparkle said...

I dunno... I get the feeling that after the first time I got swooped up and taken to the vet in one of those, I'd never go near it again!

 
At January 26, 2011 at 6:00 PM , Blogger Pumpkinpuddy said...

@Sparkle We just love them. Last time we went to the v-e-t, EK was back in the tent napping not 20 minutes after we got home. I think it's the fleecy beds. They're so comfy, they make the tents irresistible.

 
At January 26, 2011 at 7:12 PM , Anonymous Link the Cat said...

My pet carrier looks similar. But it is evil. There is nothing fun about it.

 
At January 26, 2011 at 7:23 PM , Blogger Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

ummm...duh....oooops.....I am having a fake blonde, tired from remodeling moment....SORRY!!!!! MY BAD!!!

 
At January 26, 2011 at 8:41 PM , Blogger The Island Cats said...

Wow, you have a tent that's a PTU?? We might like that too!!

 
At January 26, 2011 at 9:17 PM , Blogger Quill and Greyson said...

This is a great idea!

So I came by because I saw your comment at Caren and Cody's place regarding my book. I really hope love it!! Come on by and visit me if you like.

I think I'll kick up me paws and look around here too.

 
At January 29, 2011 at 11:56 AM , Blogger Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Hey, we have one of these carriers too, but so far we have not traveled in it...just slept in it as ours is out in the bedroom like a tent, too...ours is chocolate and pink! We thinks Disco might be too ummm chubby to be carried in it, though.

 
At January 31, 2011 at 7:03 AM , Blogger Clarissa said...

Those are cool tents/carriers! Mom might have to look into getting a couple of them for us. Some of us are probably too big for them to be used as a PTU, but for someone like our Fiona or Daisy it would be purrfect!

Purrs,
Clarissa & CO.

 
At January 31, 2011 at 7:46 PM , Blogger Ann Dziemianowicz said...

What a nice cozy carrier. Nothing like camping! haha! I wouldn't mind one of those to go sleep in once and awhile. Maybe a yellow one!

 
At February 2, 2011 at 2:19 AM , Blogger Kea said...

Re: Your comment regarding Annie's digestive food, "Which wet food is it? We have some special canned food for sensitive tummies that we won't eat. Maybe we can work something out. It won't be $3 a can!"

It's Hills i/d wet we're trying...but as we're in Canada, we think shipping would be cost-prohibitive. LOL.

 
At February 4, 2011 at 12:38 PM , Blogger Celia said...

Prisoner Transport Unit? That is hilarious!!! And I'm sure my kitties couldn't agree more :)

 
At February 7, 2011 at 9:54 AM , Blogger Amy & the house of cats said...

Oh that does look like a fun carrier! We have some that we like to use to sleep in so it makes our trips to the vet easier, but we can't find them anywhere anymore because tehy were special - these might be a good option for the rest of the group (we only have 4 of the others). Thanks for telling us about them!

 
At February 12, 2011 at 3:17 PM , Blogger Panda's Mama said...

aww i want one for panda! x

 
At February 13, 2011 at 7:28 PM , Blogger Admiral Hestorb said...

I am so glad to find you We are on Twitter together. I want the tent and mom will look for it but..like Sparkle, I would be afraid if she took me to the vet while in it. That would be it. BUT I will have mom get one anyway.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home