This Page

has been moved to new address

Sunday Musings

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Adventures of a Suburban Kitty: Sunday Musings

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday Musings

V-E-T went ok. I weigh 9.6 lbs and somehow I lost my 2 bottom front toofies. Don't know when or how. The v-e-t said I'm perfect (well, almost - darn missing toofies). There's a new kind of injection that doesn't have a needle, but it makes a really loud noise and it scared me. I hissed and growled and got EK all upset.

EK did good too. He was better about his injections than I was. *hangs head in shame* I can't believe that little squirt was braver than me. He purred almost the whole time and the vet techs were all over him petting him and telling him how cute he was.  He's about 4 lbs, so he won't get much bigger than me when he's full grown. We're just a house full of little cats.

We're all on a prescription diet for a while cuz Candy's had ucky tummy for a long time and medicine didn't help. The prescription food is pretty nommy, so we're not too upset. And it is helping Candy. She's we've only been eating it less than a week and she's already feeling better. Mom had to buy a Spot Bot cuz Candy peed on the rug a couple of times. We're hoping that when she's better she won't do that anymore.

Speaking of Candy, we're getting along better. I shared a chair with her for a nap and even ate out of the same dish as her. I still give her a hard time sometimes, but I think we're gonna be ok together. 

I'm doing a book review later this week. It will be in the #readpawty blog - Anipals Read. I hope to have it done by Thursday, so look for it then.

It's snowing lots and lots today. It makes the world feel very quiet. It's pretty outside, too. All clean and white and sparkly. I love fresh snow!

That's it for this week. Meow at you later.

17 Comments:

At January 9, 2011 at 3:08 PM , Blogger Pandafur said...

Iz glad Candy's belleh iz getting betters *softpaw* an it sownds like you iz getting along grate, like me an Rammy.

 
At January 9, 2011 at 3:11 PM , Blogger Katnip Lounge said...

We bet now that Candy feels better she'll want to be friends! Some of us are not too brave at the vet, either, don't be ashamed.

 
At January 9, 2011 at 3:11 PM , Blogger Kea said...

We're very glad the v-e-t visit went well -- as well as those can go -- and that Candy is doing better on the new food!

We have snow too, but we're all less enthused about it than you are! :-D

 
At January 9, 2011 at 3:48 PM , Blogger Brian's Home Blog said...

Hooray for good vet visits, I'm sure glad you are purrfect, but we all knew that!

 
At January 9, 2011 at 3:48 PM , Blogger Sweet Purrfections said...

So glad the vet visit went well. It's good to hear that Candy is doing better. They are calling for ice, sleet and snow in SC tonight.

 
At January 9, 2011 at 4:35 PM , Blogger Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Glad that the vet visit went well!!!
I am doing a book review tomorrow...little sneak peak....I didn't like the book I am reviewing at ALL!!

 
At January 9, 2011 at 5:59 PM , Blogger Backcountry Brodie said...

I say look at the brite side - that be two less teefs fur the V-E-T to be messing with later. And you just keep showing those yunguns who the boss of them is. In a kind and loving sort of way, of course.

 
At January 9, 2011 at 10:20 PM , Blogger Amy said...

Glad the visit to the V-E-T went well!

http://www.felinefrenzzy.blogspot.com

 
At January 10, 2011 at 5:31 AM , Blogger Mariodacat said...

So happy to hear your V E T visit went well. You only weigh 9 pounds - you is a small girl. I weight 12 and vet said I shouldn't gain anymore weight. Geesh, now my food is restricted. No more open buffet.

 
At January 10, 2011 at 7:40 AM , Blogger Pip said...

Hi Kitties! We not ever knowed you were out here afore. But we sees the wonderful nip fruits that you gives to the Krew and we knew we has to meet you! So now we follows you!
We will purr that Candy's stomach gets all better!
Love TK and Squashies

 
At January 10, 2011 at 12:47 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

All Iz got to say, is YIKES!

 
At January 10, 2011 at 2:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Visit!! Have a great week with Candy.

 
At January 11, 2011 at 7:16 AM , Blogger Clarissa said...

We all eat the same food here - Nine Lives Plus - because Sable is prone to UTIs/struvite crystals. Like you said, it's nommy and there are no complaints. It's snowing here today too, but nothing compared to what you guys get!

Purrs,
Clarissa & Co.

 
At January 13, 2011 at 10:41 AM , Blogger Amy & the house of cats said...

Hi Pumpkin! We are glad that your vet visit went so good. That new shot sounds scarry though - you were brave not to go run off from it! And we are glad that everyone is doing good - it is great that Candy is feeling good from the new food - and also good that it is tasty!

 
At January 18, 2011 at 11:25 AM , Blogger Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Oh, you sound like very brave kitties! Yes, those no needle injectors do make a big noise and the cat vet our Teri works for says they scare almost every cat! Safer in a way but still not purrfect, right?!

Oh, and those little incisor teeth you don't use for anything anyway but sometimes gingivitis will make them loosen and fall out so keep an eye on your gums, ok...

 
At January 20, 2011 at 4:51 PM , Blogger Honeybell said...

Yay to a good vet visit - I turn into monster cat - have to be sedated the mom says if I have to go to vet. I broke 2 cat carriers last time she tried to take me and ripped her apart! I am not used to the car or the outside, I guess! I was scared. You are so brave! Did you say special Diet? harumph! I have extra temptation treats if you would like some - very nommy.

Glad that Candy is feeling better with the new food.
Love your bloggie and yooooooooo! Purrs and hugs

 
At January 20, 2011 at 4:52 PM , Blogger Honeybell said...

@Mariodacat

love open buffet's Mario!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home