This Page

has been moved to new address

Sneaky Saturday

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Adventures of a Suburban Kitty: Sneaky Saturday

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Sneaky Saturday

I know we don't really have a Sneaky Saturday, but Mom was a real sneak today.

We haven't been on a walk for ages because it's been raining whenever Mom would have had time to take me. Well this morning was bright and sunny. I knew today we'd get to go out and I would get to take Treasure on our first adventure together. Some adventure. :(  I should have known something was wrong when Mom put shrimp treats in the stroller.

Mom harnessed me, put Treasure and me in the stroller and got all our walking stuff organized. We started out on our usual route, so I thought we were going to the duck pond. But when we got up to the big road, Mom didn't take the tunnel that goes under it. She kept walking along it, down a really long hill. It was noisy and stinky and Treasure and I didn't like it too much. Plus, there were some men doing something to the grass with smelly, machines that sounded like angry bees. Yuck. So far, not a great outing.

We finally get where we're going and guess where we were. She took me to the v-e-t. How could she do that? How could she trick me like that? Here, I'm looking forward to my first adventure in ages and she takes me to the v-e-t. I can tell you my furriends, I was not a happy kitty!

We got inside and the nice lady behind the desk made a big fuss over me. I was only 4 months old the last time she saw me and I was still very tiny. Mom asked if she would do her a favor and weigh me. I didn't know what this was, but it turned out not to be bad. They put me on the white thing that told Mom how heavy I am. Turns out I weigh 8 lbs, 5 1/2 ozs. Mom said I was purrfect. (Of course I am!) Then Mom put me back in the stroller.

That was it? No injections? No indignities? No (I shudder to say it) thermometer? No pulling at my ears and prying my mouth open to look in it? OMC&D, you have no idea how relieved I was.

We trudged back up the hill. This took a while cause Mom's kinda old and squidgy. We finally get back home and go inside. When she opened the stroller up I couldn't get out of it fast enough. Sneak me off to the v-e-t. Humph! Although, she did say I was purrfect, and I got shrimps, and the v-e-t just weighed me, so I guess it wasn't too bad. I guess if she promises never to walk in the noisy, stinky place again I'll forgive her.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At June 19, 2010 at 4:43 PM , Blogger the teacher's pets said...

Hi Pumpkin,
I have to agree with you that your mom is verrrry sneaky to take you to the v-e-t when you thought you were going for a stroller ride! Hmmmm! I wonder why she couldn't weigh you at home instead of going through all of THAT? Maybe it was her way of getting some exercise?! Anyway, I thought that was a very funny post!

 
At June 19, 2010 at 4:47 PM , Blogger Kea said...

LOL! Yes, your mom was very sneaky. Our human doesn't have a scale at home, so the only time we get weighed is when we go to the v-e-t, too, but it's always for nasty things, not just that! So we think you got off pretty easy, really. Plus you got treats, too! Gees, we don't get treats for going. Well, okay, a couple of times we have, but mostly we don't. Annie won't even eat them, she gets so stressed about it all.

Anyway, the next time you go for a walk, we hope it's for a FUN walk! :-)

 
At June 19, 2010 at 5:29 PM , Blogger Shawn said...

I'm a new follower of the Saturday Pet Blogger follow, please follow me back.
Thanks, Mr. Monkey

http://laughingmonkeystick.blogspot.com/

 
At June 19, 2010 at 5:46 PM , Blogger Furries said...

Pumpkin, you do have a sneaky mom, but a nice one. We have a scale at home so we get weighed every week or two. Just think how lucky you are that you get a stroller ride to the v-e-t. We have a 25 minute drive! There are many, many vets here in town, but no, mom & dad drive us half-way across catdom come to go to the vet. But we like him because he's really good and gentle with us. Mom trusts him with our lives, so I guess the car drive is worth it. We've heard about the thermometer. We think that's what mom calls the Alien Butt Probe. Honestly, it doesn't bother me much, but Sammi doesn't like it.
At least you learned you aren't pudgy. Keep up the healthy-kitty activities.

 
At June 19, 2010 at 5:50 PM , Blogger Pumpkinpuddy said...

Alien Butt probe. OMC you made Mom laugh out loud. That's a much better name for it.

 
At June 19, 2010 at 5:55 PM , Blogger Mariodacat said...

Oh Pumpkin - dat sounds like something my M would pull on me. Sneaky for sure. You need to get even with her now - ignore her for a long time. She'll get the hint!

 
At June 19, 2010 at 6:19 PM , Blogger Brian's Home Blog said...

Oh my, that was sneaky, but it doesn't sound like it was really that bad...which is good!

 
At June 19, 2010 at 6:46 PM , Blogger dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

You're so tiny and perfect my dear!! We're glad the vet went so well!

 
At June 20, 2010 at 7:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well for shrimps..OK!

 
At June 20, 2010 at 7:54 PM , Blogger Pirulo Furry said...

MOL, that was a funny post.

 
At October 9, 2022 at 8:13 AM , Anonymous Millwork Seattle said...

Very nnice blog you have here

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home