This Page

has been moved to new address

Sunday musings

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Adventures of a Suburban Kitty: Sunday musings

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday musings

Here it is Sunday night, and I haven't written my Sunday Musings yet. I was going to write about Blogpaws, but so many other pals have written about it that I don't know what to add, especially since they all write better than I do. I will say that I had a fabulous time, met some amazing and wonderful people, and learned a lot. My pictures are all in Facebook if you want to see them.

Packing for BlogPaws
BlogPaws Day 1
BlogPaws Day 2
BlogPaws Day3

This weekend I spent a lot of time at the #lakewithpetie. I had the idea that we could collect all the pictures from the weekends at the lake and make a picture book of them to sell for charity. @Petiethecat would pick the charity. I even talked to @thepetbooklady about it and she's offered to help. As usual, I got ahead of myself. I was saving the pictures people used from Twitpic and asking them if I could use them. Well I didn't think it through properly. I'd have no way of knowing what pictures were original and which were gotten from another source, or who to credit for the pictures. Also, a lot of the pictures are just too small to use. I get hold of an idea and I get a little overexcited and start running away with it. I'm nothing if not enthusiastic. MOL.

Spoke to Petie and he and his folks are ok with this project, so I'd still like to do it. I need to collect pictures from pals who have ones they want to contribute. I'd need a good size version of the pictures and assurance from the pals sending them that they own the pictures and can publish them. This way I'll know we're legal and I can give proper credit to the pals that contributed pictures.

If you have pictures to contribute to The Lake With Petie Memory Book, please send them to pumpkinpuddy@gmail.com. And remember, they have to be pictures you have the legal right to contribute. Sorry, the book won't have a picture of the alien ship cleaning up the campsite. Mulder already told me that was a borrowed picture. I'll let you all know what charity this is going to as soon as I hear from Petie. I'll know more about price and everything once I get it all figured out with the Pet Book Lady.

That's all for this week. I can't wait to get started on this project! Get your pictures in. I'd like to have the book ready in a month or so.

Update: We now have a charity. With Petie's approval, the money raised by selling the book will go to Duncan's Place Cat Sanctuary.

Labels: , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At September 20, 2010 at 4:32 AM , Blogger Brian's Home Blog said...

That sounds like such a great project and Petie is such a sweetie!

 
At September 20, 2010 at 5:27 AM , Blogger V.L. Locey said...

Sounds like a great project!

Lu-Lu & Lucius

 
At September 20, 2010 at 6:35 AM , Blogger Backcountry Brodie said...

This has nuttin to do with #lakewithpetie, altho that be a good ideer you has. But did you see the pikshur I snagged fur your mom of early leaf turning by a pond? I gess it could be a lake.
http://shawneetheshep.blogspot.com/2010/09/cliff-park-and-mcdade-recreational.html

 
At September 20, 2010 at 7:09 AM , Blogger Mariodacat said...

Oh Pumpkin - you do have the greatest ideas. What a great one this is and something Petie's mama can cheris forever. I don't have much for pictures, except those of me and I didn't create any for the #lakewithpetie parties. Kittehboi, I believe, created a wonderful one recently of a whole group of Petie's friends. I'll ask him if you can use that one.

 
At September 20, 2010 at 12:24 PM , Blogger Amy & the house of cats said...

Hi Pumpkin! It sounds like a great project and a fun idea! We wish you luck on it!!

 
At September 20, 2010 at 2:01 PM , Blogger M Dawson said...

I will help spread the word.

Dash

 
At September 20, 2010 at 6:51 PM , Blogger Oskar said...

I don't have any pictures with Petie that I can send. I wish I did.

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

 
At September 22, 2010 at 7:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was so nice chatting with you. This is a sample of what can be done.
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBrowserStandAlone.cfm?projectId=1349216&productId=44&projectSponsor=200650

I'm going to try to figure out how I can get them as affordable as possible.

Lisa (aka The Pet Book Lady!)

 
At October 13, 2010 at 12:40 PM , Blogger Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

How did we miss all this post?? We wished we could have been at 'West' and met you! Next time, right? Looking at all your pix, made our Teri remember how much fun 'East' was but she doesn't remember so many drinking animals, hahameow! Those photos made her laff and laff.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home