This Page

has been moved to new address

Pet Gear AT3 Stroller Review

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Adventures of a Suburban Kitty: Pet Gear AT3 Stroller Review

Friday, September 17, 2010

Pet Gear AT3 Stroller Review

My pals, you've all heard me talk about my stroller that I love so much. I decided it's long past time I did a proper product review of it. The stroller I have is the Pet Gear AT3. The link is to the latest version of the stroller. Mine is the previous version. Here I am sleeping in it. I love sleeping in it.


Mom picked this one in particular after reading about at least three dozen different ones. She picked this one because it's very tall, about 40" when it's unfolded. This was important to mom because she's pretty tall for a lady. She also wanted one with big tires so we could go where there's mulch and hardpack and not have to stay on sidewalk. It also has a basket underneath for stuff, a bad weather cover, and a tray for drinks. You can see the basket and the tray in the picture. You can also see that the back opens for getting in and out. The front does too, but I don't have a picture of that. I always go in and out the back. It comes with a nice pad to make it comfy, but mom put my fleecy bed in it cause I'm partial to my fleecy beds. MOL. But it really doesn't need it.

You can't quite tell in the picture but it has nice big all-terrain tires. Mom takes me all kinds of places like parks and stuff cause these tires will go anywhere. It also has a very comfy ride. I've been in my stroller for hours at a time without being uncomfortable. Here I am at the park near my house. It has a nice lake.



I only weigh about 8.5 pounds, but this stroller is good for pets up to 60 pounds. Mom wanted me to have lots of room to play or to bring my friends. Here I am with Treasure. He likes to ride in it, too. See how roomy it is? (The mad face is cause Mom had the flashy box in my face again. MOL)



The most important thing is this is a good company. I had a little problem with the stroller. It folds up to go in the car, and when Mom unfolded it to take me to Blogpaws, one of the screen windows tore. It happens. Every company, no matter how good their quality control is, is gonna have something go wrong sometimes with their product. What makes the difference is what they do about it. Pet Gear stood behind their product and took care of the problem. I was very impressed with that.

This is a very good stroller. It's comfy, it's sturdy, it's easy to use, and has lots of conveniences. I give it 4 paws out of 5. It lost one paw because the instructions weren't very good and the tray was very difficult to put on. Mine doesn't have a strap inside to hook my harness to either, but I read that the new ones do. I would recommend this stroller to anyone who's looking for a stroller for their pet.

13 Comments:

At September 18, 2010 at 7:01 AM , Blogger Sweet Purrfections said...

That's a really nice stroller. You are very lucky that you can go so many places and feel safe.

 
At September 18, 2010 at 7:04 AM , Blogger Mariodacat said...

You know I am very envious of your stroller. Do you ever try to escape from it? M is thinking dat I might want to try to get out? M says dat she does occasionally see humans pushing a stroller with a kitty in it. You stroller seems extra nice.

 
At September 18, 2010 at 7:47 AM , Blogger The Daily Pip said...

Do you think I would fit in one of those strollers? My mom has considered getting one for me for long walks. It sure looks cool!

Your pal, PIp

 
At September 18, 2010 at 9:04 AM , Blogger Pumpkinpuddy said...

Mario - I feel very safe in my stroller and I don't try to get out when I'm outside. In fact, in the house I hide from people, but when I'm in my stroller I don't mind when people come up to me.

Pip - The stroller is very big - big enough for a 60lb. pet. You're kind of small like me, so you would fit very well and have lots of extra room and be very comfy.

 
At September 18, 2010 at 9:12 AM , Blogger Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Nice review! We just got our first AT3 (our first stroller is also by Pet Gear but a lighter weight, not All Terrain model). We love it and it's good to know the company stands behind their product, too. You can see pix of ours on our bloggie.

The only problem we've had with ours is the first time using it, Teri used the 'leash' inside is attached to the 'floor' of the stroller, and Brighton got all tangled up and scared. On our other stroller, there is a ring to attach a leash to on the inside top of the stroller and that's a much better idea.

But she usually just has us wear our harness and leash and doesn't attach it to anything, but in case someone wants to see us while we are out strolling, she can unzip the hood and hang on to our leash so we don't leap out.

 
At September 18, 2010 at 9:21 AM , Blogger Pumpkinpuddy said...

@Teri and the cats of Furrydance
Ours is older and doesn't have the inside leash. Mom attached mine to the handle and I somehow don't get tangled up.

I finally go reply to comments working!

 
At September 18, 2010 at 9:23 AM , Blogger Pumpkinpuddy said...

@PumpkinpuddyGot reply to comments working. Now I have to learn how to type. MOL

 
At September 18, 2010 at 10:57 AM , Blogger Brian's Home Blog said...

You sure look like you are having a good time in there!

 
At September 18, 2010 at 11:13 AM , Anonymous Sparkle said...

I wonder if I would like a stroller. I am a very nervous kitty, but also curious! This sounds like a good one to have.

 
At September 18, 2010 at 4:19 PM , Blogger Oskar said...

It sounds like a great idea for a calm cat. I think Chloe & Moe, who live here, would freak out! They aren't used to going outside.

You & your friend look very cute & happy in yours, though. We're glad you mom found such a perfect one for both of you!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

 
At September 20, 2010 at 8:42 AM , Blogger Backcountry Brodie said...

To ansser you kwestshuns, mom werks from home so coz she duss not has to comoot during the week, she duss not mind driving far on the weekend fur hiking and we devote one whole day efurry weekend just fur hiking - we has made it priority. And you so CAN go hiking in that nifty stroller of yours. You can go on the rail trails and they do be furry seenik. Look up your state in the search thingy on this linky: http://www.traillink.com/home.aspx

 
At September 20, 2010 at 9:23 AM , Blogger Keiko said...

Oh my! We love your stroller and we are very jealous! There is a walking track around our new apartment so Mummy is planning to buy a stroller for us too. We think we'll take it in turns to ride it!
Purrrrs, Keiko, Kenji, Pricilla & Yuji

 
At September 25, 2010 at 7:22 AM , Blogger KB said...

You just gave me a crazy idea. Thanks! My dog, K, is recovering from surgery with a big cast on her front leg. Maybe I could get either a bike trailer or a stroller so that I can give her a little variety in her life without her needing to walk too far. That hadn't even crossed my mind until I read your post. Thank you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home