This Page

has been moved to new address

Happy Mother's Day!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Adventures of a Suburban Kitty: Happy Mother's Day!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Oh my furriends, I just had to write about my mother's day adventure. My new bed for my stroller and my new harness and leash showed up yesterday. The weather was so nice today Mom and I had to go out and try out my new stuff. I figured we'd just go for a walk in the neighborhood like we usually do, but no! Mom loaded me in my carrier and put me in the car (I didn't like this part).

When we got out of the car, we were at a huge park with two lakes, a stream, a playground, and all kinds of other stuff. It's called the Adams County Regional Park. What an adventure. I saw all kinds of new things today. The first new thing I saw was a bridge going over the water. I've never been on a bridge before. We saw all kinds of birds - one with a red head that mom doesn't know the name of. We also saw a killdeer (got a pic of that one), mourning doves, robins, egrets, cormorants, blackbirds, and some others that mom couldn't identify. People were playing, fishing, picnicking, running, riding bikes, and walking their pets.

I saw other things I'd never seen before. I saw some things that looked like paper flying. Two of them were. Mom said they're called kites. The other thing was actually something alive and called a butterfly. I've decided I really like butterflies. I also saw a squirrel. He was funny.

We found a nice table in the shade to have a picnic. I walked around some, but mostly I stayed in the stroller even though it was open and I could get out if I wanted to. But there was so much to see and watch and smell that I didn't take a nap the whole 3 hours we were out.

The people were playing all kinds of interesting games, most of them with balls. I didn't know there were so many kinds of balls and ways of playing with them. People were throwing them, kicking them, and hitting them out of the grass with funny bent sticks.

I investigated the grass, climbed some rocks, and went to the playground. Silly mom put me in a baby swing. Not so much fun (the rocks were better). I checked out the slide, but it didn't look too interesting. Cats don't really like playgrounds, so we didn't stay there very long.

There were too many pictures to try to put them in the blog, but here's a link to them:
2010-5-9 Mother's Day at Adams County Fairgrounds

When we got home, I crawled into my little red tent and took a long nap. I was a tired kitty!

I'm so thankful to have my mom. I'd still be living in that nasty trailer park if she hadn't rescued me. I have plenty food and treats. I've got lots of toys and nice warm places to sleep. But not only do I have a great place to live, I have a mom who plays with me and gives me lots of love and cuddles and scritches and takes me on wonderful adventures. I'm just the luckiest little kitty.

So, Happy Mother's Day to my mom. The best mom in the whole world!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At May 9, 2010 at 8:05 PM , Blogger Cathy Keisha said...

Sounds like a great day. You're lucky to have such a nice Mom. Mine played w/me a lot today and gave me my favorite food. It was more like MY day than hers.

 
At May 10, 2010 at 12:56 AM , Blogger dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

Aww, what a lovely tribute to your mummy :)

 
At May 10, 2010 at 5:17 AM , Blogger Kea said...

We LOVE the look on your face when you're in the baby swing. Hahahahaha! Get me outta here! MOL!

What an *excellent* adventure that was! No wonder you took a long nap when you got home. :-)

 
At May 10, 2010 at 7:14 AM , Blogger Brian's Home Blog said...

You really had quite and adventure and your Mom is very special!

 
At May 10, 2010 at 7:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great day at the park, and a lovely stroller and leash!

 
At May 10, 2010 at 7:43 AM , Blogger Cindy said...

What a wonderful day you both had!

 
At May 10, 2010 at 7:49 AM , Blogger the teacher's pets said...

Hello,
I am so glad I have Live Feedjit beclaws otherwise I wouldn't have known you came over for a visit and I'm soooo glad you did beclaws your blog is pawesome!
My kitty brother, Henry, wears a harness thingy when he goes outside with my mom. It looks like a lot of fun but I cannot understand why he can't walk around with me and the other dogs. I think he just likes his alone time with mom...sheesh!
Anyway, I'm soooo glad you have a nice mommy who takes you to the park and who has a cool looking stroller for you too! You are one lucky cat!
Oh....I am your new follower!

 
At May 10, 2010 at 3:47 PM , Blogger Amy & the house of cats said...

That is great that you had such a fun day at the park! We think it sounds like an awesome place to explore!

We saw that you posted at the Naughty Kitty Club - so awesome! Mom wants us to appologize for her being behind in getting you your badge - she had a crazy week last week but will be working on it this week for sure!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home