This Page

has been moved to new address

Sunday musings

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Adventures of a Suburban Kitty: Sunday musings

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday musings

One of Mom's friends got a stroller for her kitty, and another is thinking about getting one for her kitties. Soon we'll have a whole kitty walking club! We've had icky weather, so we haven't been for any walks lately. When the weather gets nice we're going to meet up with Mom's friend and spend the day in the park. I can't wait to make new kitty friends. Mom says they're Maine Coons, like me, but about 3 times my size. I can't imagine kitties being that enormous!

Mom's been very busy making music. Last week it was Beatles music. Next week it will be Broadway music. Later this month she's singing in two very special pieces - John Adams 'Transmigration of Souls' and Beethoven's Ninth symphony. One is a tribute to the people that died in the World Trade Center, and the other is a celebration of life. Sometimes I wish I was a person so I could go to the symphony and hear the chorus sing.

I don't know why some things I do annoy Mom so much. Just cause I have to smell everything she eats. I climb on her and sniff her breath (I practically stick my nose in her mouth) and stick my face in her plate. She always pushes me away and tells me I have no manners. I also follow her into the bathroom all the time. She says she doesn't bug me when I'm in the litter box, so why do I bug her in the bathroom? But bathrooms have all kinds of interesting smells. Don't people understand that kitties like to smell things? And people smells are very different from kitty smells. I have to investigate those!

My new cushion and harness came, and they were both too small. The cushion was too small for my stroller and the harness was too small for me. It's Mom's fault. She didn't measure the inside of the stroller, and she didn't measure me! She figured I'm a little kitty so she got me a small harness. Turns out I needed a large! If a little thing like me needs a large harness, I don't know what people with enormous kitties get for them. Anyway, Mom sent them back and is now waiting for the bigger ones to come. Sigh.

I guess that's enough musings for a Sunday. Kitty kisses to all my friends! I miss you all and as much as I'm proud of Mommy's music making, I'll be glad when she's not so busy and I can spend more time online visiting with you all. At least I get to keep up with your blogs, but I don't get to spend much time on Facebook or Twitter. TTFN

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At May 2, 2010 at 1:11 PM , Blogger Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Great update...and Disco knows about how it feels to have a harness be "too small"...but he's well...fat. Diet to start as soon as the kittens leave their birth home here!

How very nice to have a musical mewmie! Our singing annoys ours!

We have a cool stroller, too but we rarely get to go outside in it...soon maybe as now we are all on heartworm preventative and mewmie doesn't have the excuse that she's afraid a skeeter will bite us!

 
At May 2, 2010 at 1:14 PM , Blogger Lynx217 said...

You have a lot of time yet to grow darling. Coons don't fully mature until 4 or 5 years old. Some Coon girls are tiny ones (compared to the males) at 12-14lb, but some girls get nearly as big as the males. We are special cats and it's so cool you have your own stroller! I'm jealous - I think. TSB wishes she could rent one to see how we would handle it. You'll have to get your bean to post pics when the weather gets nicer!

 
At May 2, 2010 at 2:59 PM , Blogger Sweet Purrfections said...

That's wonderful news about your mom's music. My mom makes music, too! In fact, she has a solo at church tonight.

 
At May 2, 2010 at 3:25 PM , Blogger Pumpkinpuddy said...

Sweet Praline, Isn't it wonderful when the moms sing? Your mom must be really good to have a solo. My mom won't do solos, she says there's a reason she's in the chorus and that's where she belongs. But she sings for me! Does your mom sing for you?

 
At May 2, 2010 at 5:16 PM , Blogger Cindy said...

How proud you must be of your mom! Too bad about the cushions.

 
At May 2, 2010 at 5:24 PM , Blogger Mariodacat said...

I enjoyed hearing dat your mom makes music. Mine used to sing a lot too (not anymore tho cuz she's old!!)Boy does a stroller ever sound nice. Den mama can take you for walks and you can see neighborhood.

 
At May 2, 2010 at 5:54 PM , Blogger Brian's Home Blog said...

Wow, you Mom is sure talented, when do we get to hear something special?

 
At May 2, 2010 at 6:34 PM , Blogger Cathy Keisha said...

I wish the woman wouldn't sing. She's awful! She has the CD of the John Adams piece about 911. It makes her cry when she plays it tho so she doesn't. 911 tends to upset Ma and Pop so much since they lived it. I'm glad someone is still performing it and it hasn't been forgetten.
I also like to smell Ma's mouth all the time. She gets mad when I smell all her personal smells in the bathroom too and says the exact same thing as your Mom.
Good luck to you Mom. BTW, Ma's cousin's daughter this week sung in a choir down at Ground Zero.

 
At May 3, 2010 at 6:20 PM , Blogger Pirulo Furry said...

Hi, beautiful! It's really nice when Mom's sings. Mine has a little song for each one of us. So, when we are around, she sings the song of the nearer one, then changes to the song of the next one.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home