This Page

has been moved to new address

Pet Gear AT3 Stroller Review - Update

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Adventures of a Suburban Kitty: Pet Gear AT3 Stroller Review - Update

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Pet Gear AT3 Stroller Review - Update

I've had my new stroller for a couple of weeks now and I want to compare the old one and the new one.




 Old stroller.
 New stroller.

This is the second generation of the stroller that I had. As you can see, it no longer has the big pet step sticking out in the front. This makes the stroller more compact, more maneuverable, and easier to fold up and put in the car. But that's just the first improvement!

The drink tray, which in the old version was so difficult to put on, now comes attached. The fabric cover has been slightly redesigned and zips with ease. The mesh windows are lighter so it's easier for me to see out and for Mom to see me.

The way the stroller folds has been changed completely and is now so easy I could do it! (If I had opposable thumbs. MOL.)

The front wheel is now the same size as the other two wheels. The wheels simply snap on. And more important, they can now be removed to be replaced if by some miracle you actually manage to wear them out.

The only thing on the version that I would consider a negative is that the basket underneath sits much closer to the body of the stroller which makes it harder to put things in it. But frankly, everything else is soooooo much better that it really doesn't matter. I thought this stroller was pawsome when I had the first generation of it. The new version is miles above the old one. I would recommend this stroller to anyone wanting wheels for their pet.

I've had a few requests for tips for buying a stroller. So here they are!

Pumpkin's Tips for Fancy Wheels for your Pets


Bring the stroller in the house and let your pet get used to it before trying to take him/her out in it. Also, get your pet used to wearing a harness. Even though I’m enclosed in the stroller, I’m also harnessed and on a leash attached to the stroller. This way Mom can open the stroller to give me water or treats and I can’t run off. The leash and harness also help with getting me from the carrier to the stroller if we’ve gone somewhere in the car. I can’t run off while Mom’s taking me out of one and putting me in the other. I wouldn’t run off anyway, but you can’t be too careful. 

Mom also always brings something for me to play with in the stroller. Usually it’s my duckie, Fred. As much fun as riding in the stroller is, sometimes it’s nice to have a toy to play with.

My stroller came with a nice pad in the bottom, but Mom put a fleece bed in anyway. I like fleecy beds and Mom wanted to make the stroller extra inviting. And like any other time you’re training your four legged furriend to something new, make sure lots and lots of treats are involved!

When picking a stroller, think about how you’ll use it, how big your pet is, and what fits you. How easy or difficult is it to use? Will you take it in the car a lot? How easily does it fold and unfold? What kind of terrain do you walk on? Lots of the paths around here are mulch or hardpack (very fine gravel). The strollers with the little wheels would get stuck, so we got all terrain wheels. How tall are you? Mom also liked this stroller because it’s very tall and she’s on the tall side. Some people don’t mind using a stroller with a lower handle even if they are tall and then other things would be more important. Will you need to haul anything in it beside the pet (like a picnic)? She also liked that there’s a basket for stuff underneath and a tray for drinks and keys and other small stuff (like the flashy box).

There are lots of strollers to choose from. Some can go from carrier to backpack to stroller. That would have been nice because I wouldn’t have to go from carrier to stroller when we go in the car. But we couldn’t find one with big wheels. There are double-decker ones for people with multiple pets. There’s every color of the rainbow to choose from. There are strollers special for small pets all the way up to one like mine that’s for 60 lb. pets. Of course, I don’t weigh anywhere near 60 lbs. MOL! But Mom liked everything else about the stroller and I have lots of room to play in. Look at several before picking one. If you don’t get the best one for your needs, likes, and that suits your pet you won’t like it.

I think a stroller is a great way for people to take their pets with them to places they otherwise wouldn’t get to go. Without it, I’d always get left behind when Mom goes out. Now we get to go fun places and have more together time. What’s better than that?

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At October 7, 2010 at 10:46 PM , Blogger Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Great review and great tips for buying a stroller!
I wonder what Cody would think of it if I got one for him?
I would like for people to say "Ohhh can I see your baby" and then they see my cat!

Cat Chat http://opcatchat.blogspot.com

 
At October 8, 2010 at 12:10 AM , Blogger Pumpkinpuddy said...

@Caren GittlemanMom's had that happen. More than once someone's thought I was a baby.

I love my stroller. I get in it all the time at home.

 
At October 8, 2010 at 5:36 AM , Blogger Mariodacat said...

Dat is a great review Pumpkin. Every time I read about your storller it makes me want one because you have so many great adventures in your stroller.

 
At October 8, 2010 at 7:50 AM , Blogger Brian's Home Blog said...

That was great, I've always wondered if I would like a stroller...still not sure!

 
At October 8, 2010 at 8:04 AM , Blogger The Daily Pip said...

Very helpful, thanks! I am hoping to get a stroller soon - I am not a big fan of walking!!

Your pal, Pip

 
At October 8, 2010 at 9:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great review. We think we'd like stroller to maybe go to the park, but mom says she doesn't have the greens right now. We think we're gonna ask the BIG guy...SANTA!

 
At October 8, 2010 at 12:20 PM , Blogger Angie, Catladyland said...

Your new stroller looks fabulous!!

 
At October 10, 2010 at 6:28 PM , Blogger Keiko said...

YAYAYYAAY!! Thanks for a wonderful review! Our Mummy is searching for a stroller now that we are settled in our new country!!
Purrrs, Keiko, Kenji, Pricilla & Yuji

 
At October 10, 2010 at 7:36 PM , Blogger Busy Buttons said...

Mom's been looking at strollers for me. This is an awesome review -- thanks!

 
At October 13, 2010 at 12:10 PM , Blogger Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

We just got an AT3, too...Blue, just like yours! And we have that same Blue Bungie leash!! Great catminds think alike we see. Our other stroller (The Pink Catillac) is more like for 'show' and the AT3, even though our Teri decorated it a bit, is more for well...like the great outdoors! Our Teri said the same thing about the storage underneath though...she has to remember to put stuff there before we are in the stroller or it's kinda heavy to lift up...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home