This Page

has been moved to new address

Anipals Read!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Adventures of a Suburban Kitty: Anipals Read!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Anipals Read!

I've been quite busy this week helping out with a very exciting project! Those of you who attended the last #readpawty know that we decided that we should put together a way for us anipals to share books. @MaggieTKat, @MizzBassie, @Mariodacat, and I had lots of discussions about how it should be put together. Once we decided on the format, I put together a spreadsheet in Googledocs where we can list the books we have for sharing and keep track of who has what books.

The first step was setting up a gmail account for #readpawty where everyone could send their emails and so we had a google account to host the spreadsheet. Then I set up the spreadsheet. Then we got to talking some more, and one thing led to another. Well, the 'another' was a new blog just for #readpawty - Anipals Read. I had lots of fun putting that together. Blogger has lots of cool stuff built in. I even found a background that's a picture of shelves full of books - perfect for a book club blog. @MaggieTKat is working on moving #readpawty stuff from Kruse Kats to the new blog.

Then I decided to make a badge for Anipals Read that pals could put on their own blogs that would link back to the Anipals Read. I knew how to make a picture with a link, but I didn't know how to add the code so pals could copy it. @Rumblepurr to the rescue! He sent me sample code I could use as a base to make the badge.





Anipals Read

Copy and paste the code below to add this button to your blog



This has truly been a team effort. It was fun collaborating with everyone and getting this put together. And now my part in this is mostly done. @Mariodacat has volunteered to keep up the book swap list. And of course, @MaggieTKat will continue to be mistress of #readpawty and keep up the blog, just at the new site. Maybe as we come up with new things we want to add I'll work on design. But everything is pretty much set until we figure out what works and what needs to change.

I hope you will all go visit Anipals Read and join us for the next #readpawty.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At August 11, 2010 at 10:10 PM , Blogger dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

Well done you guys!! What a great idea!!Let us know if you need any help with anything!

 
At August 12, 2010 at 1:01 AM , Blogger Isa said...

I dzn't read vary well, but I'll try to take purt. Isa xox

 
At August 12, 2010 at 6:52 AM , Blogger Brian's Home Blog said...

I need to spend more time reading instead of writing!

 
At August 12, 2010 at 7:11 AM , Blogger Mariodacat said...

Good job Pumpkin. I like the new look for the readpawty blog and I'll be posting a link to my blog as soon as I can get to it.

 
At August 12, 2010 at 12:49 PM , Blogger Marg said...

That is really a good idea. We will take part. Our assistant needs to read more rather than looking at this silly computer all the time. We will take the code and put it on our sidebar. Have a fantastic day.

 
At August 14, 2010 at 12:29 AM , Blogger Two Little Cavaliers said...

What a cool idea. I will have to come back tomorrow when I am a little less tired to read about this event.

Thanks for joining the blog hop.

Felissa, Davinia and Indiana
www.twolittlecavaliers.blogspot.com

 
At August 14, 2010 at 8:22 AM , Blogger Pup Fan said...

This sounds like a really cool idea! I am definitely going to check it out. :)

http://istillwantmorepuppies.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home