This Page

has been moved to new address

Fred's First Adventure

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Adventures of a Suburban Kitty: Fred's First Adventure

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Fred's First Adventure

Mom took me and my new duck, Fred, to a new park last week. This was Fred's first adventure since he came to live with me. Fred looks a lot like @GeorgeTheDuck, and George thinks Fred could be one of his cousins. They look so alike that George must be right. Anyway, back to the adventure.


This park was very beautiful with lots of trees and lakes and a stream and lots of new things for me to see.

I saw lots of of ducks swimming in the creek and in the lake. I wonder if George and Fred are related to these ducks, too.

We also saw lots of geese. Some of them even had their own island.


Now for the new stuff. I saw a woodpecker, a dragonfly, and a whole island of cormorants! I don't know which was more amazing - seeing so many cormorants all in one place, or how beautiful the dragonfly was.



 

We also saw lots of pretty flowers and other interesting stuff. There's more pictures here: Prospect Park-Tabor Lake
.

There's lots of other cool stuff at this park. There are playgrounds and ball fields, picnic shelters and people litter boxes, and anything else you might want for a day in the park. Fred and I really had a good time. I hope Mom takes us back there soon. We can't wait to see another dragongfly!

13 Comments:

At July 10, 2010 at 6:13 PM , Blogger Brian's Home Blog said...

Looks like a fun place and the dragonfly sure looks interesting!

 
At July 10, 2010 at 7:02 PM , Blogger Furries said...

Wow, what an adventure. The woodpecker looks like a Red-shafted Northern Flicker. They are really pretty, and noisy when they peck on things.

 
At July 10, 2010 at 7:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Outstanding adventure!!!

 
At July 10, 2010 at 8:02 PM , Blogger Oskar said...

You are a really lucky kitty! I don't know very many who get to go to parks.

I'm glad had a good time, too!

 
At July 10, 2010 at 10:23 PM , Blogger The Daily Pip said...

Boy, I better not tell my feline sisters that you get to go to the park - they would be so jealous!

Your pal, Pip

 
At July 11, 2010 at 8:06 AM , Blogger V.L. Locey said...

Excellent adventure!!

Lu-Lu & Lucius

 
At July 11, 2010 at 9:36 AM , Blogger SeaThreePeeO said...

Hi

Thanks for following our blog and joining in our Super Sunday Giveaway. It's great to meet you.

 
At July 11, 2010 at 10:01 AM , Blogger Mariodacat said...

You certainly do have some great adventures in your kitty pram. You is making M think seriously bout getting one so I can go to neat places too. I do get out in my backyard with my harness & leash, but a pram could take me more places.

 
At July 11, 2010 at 5:20 PM , Blogger Cat with a Garden said...

Hi Pumpkin, thank you for visiting us. You saw lots of interesting wildlife on your trip with Fred. Very cool!
Many purrs, Siena & Chilli

 
At July 11, 2010 at 11:52 PM , Blogger dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

My dear, you travel in such elegance, as you should!!

 
At July 13, 2010 at 4:22 AM , Blogger Marg said...

Pumpkin, that was quite an adventure. Fred looks like a great friend. You are so cute Pumpkin that Mom wants to squeeze you so bad. I am putting you on our blogroll just cause you are so cute.
Have a great day.

 
At July 13, 2010 at 10:22 AM , Blogger Amy & the house of cats said...

Wow that is so cool that you got to go on such a great adventure! And it is great that Fred got to go with you! And he really does look like he could be George's cousin!!

 
At July 15, 2010 at 3:29 PM , Blogger Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

We are a little jealous! We finally got out in our stroller a couple of weeks ago, but just went on the street around our house...your stroll looks like lots more fun...maybe we can talk mewmie into finding a park near us!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home