This Page

has been moved to new address

Sunday Musings - Evie Goes to Idaho Springs

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Adventures of a Suburban Kitty: Sunday Musings - Evie Goes to Idaho Springs

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sunday Musings - Evie Goes to Idaho Springs

Happy Sunday! I'm turning the blog over to Evie today so she can tell you about the trip she took last weekend.

Evie here. I got to go on a car trip with Mom and her furriend, Chris. We went to a town called Idaho Springs. It's an old mining town not very far west of Denver. From the highway you can see what's left of some of the mine openings and some other mining equipment that's been left behind. But I'm getting ahead of myself, so let me start with the drive.

Mom and Chris are not big fans of taking the highway. They like to drive through Clear Creek Canyon instead. It's very pretty and much more fun. There's a creek running through it. Right now the creek is low, but in just a couple of weeks it will be running very high and fast. That's when the snow melts and fills all the rivers, streams, and creeks. That's the water that flows into the reservoirs, too.





When you go through the canyon you have to go through three tunnels. People used to honk their horns in the tunnel. Beep, beep beep beep beep, beep, beep. Now they don't. But if no one else is in the tunnel, Mom and Chris honk the horn anyway. It's fun and always make me laugh.






The main things we went to see were this water wheel and waterfall. If you biggify the picture of the statue, it will tell you all about the water wheel and the man who built it. He was a bit odd and it's a funny read.
Here I am riding in Mom's camera pack. It was a great place to see everything from. I'm glad I got to ride in the pack. I don't think my little legs could have kept up with Mom & Chris.



We went higher up the mountain to Chicago Creek. Mom & Chris always have to find someplace to stick their feet in the water. It doesn't matter how cold the water is, they're gonna stick their toes in. As you can see by their faces, the water was pretty cold. They're so silly.


When they were done freezing theirs toes off we had a lovely snack of strawberries and plums.


This is some of what we saw while we were out. We saw pussy willow just starting to bloom. Mom managed to catch a picture of a bird in flight, and another one sitting on a wire. We saw lots of hawks flying, but they were so high they look like little dots in the pictures, so I'm not using any of those shots.


There's one place Mom and Chris always have to stop when they're in Idaho Springs - Tommyknocker Brewery and Pub. They always have to get beer or soda to take home. This time Mom got soda - Orange Cream & Root Beer. Both flavors are very delicious. They make other flavors, but those are Mom's favorites.





They make the beer right there where the restaurant is. Here I am in front of some of the vats where the beer is brewed.









Here I go getting ahead of myself again. *blushes*. On our way to Tommyknocker we passed a place that sells restored antique stuff, mostly stoves. They were so beautiful we had to take pictures of them. There were wood stoves and some of the earliest gas stoves and radiators. Can you imagine a place taking the time to make a stove or radiator look that beautiful today? The lady that ran the store said that the rich people used to buy these fancy stoves to show off their wealth.

So that's my latest trip to the mountains. I'll turn the blog back over to Pumpkin now.

Well pals, sounds like Evie had quite the trip. Sometimes I wish I could take car trips and see all these cool things, but I'm not a big fan of riding in the car. I guess I'll have to live vicariously through Evie. MOL.

Have a great week!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At May 15, 2011 at 6:06 AM , Blogger Backcountry Brodie said...

Thanks fur sharing that pawsome trip! Now the nefur taking a baf part fur good healths, I can dig that.

 
At May 15, 2011 at 8:08 AM , Blogger Pandafur said...

Thanks Evie, that sownds like a fun trip. Espeshly having da root beer, yum!

 
At May 16, 2011 at 12:02 AM , Blogger Bad Andy said...

Oh Evie, I didn't know you was a beautifully colored bear! My mama wanna to steal you - she collects colored bears! (watch out) ;)

Great pix & fun stories, thank you for sharing. XoX

Oh, I think I know the real story about that stanky guy, Tayler ...he's a boy, boys get dirty, boys don't like baths, boy gets all stanky, girls don't like stanky, girls stay away, boy acts like he don't care = boy never gets a kiss. Boy grows into weird stanky man that's so covered in dirt & sweat that germs have absolutely no way of getting in, EVEN if they wanted too....which I'm sure they didn't because....well, the man stank! Stanky, lonely, but hey, he was healthy! heh heehee

 
At May 17, 2011 at 5:37 PM , Blogger Brian's Home Blog said...

That really was quite the adventure and the pictures were terrific!!!

 
At May 19, 2011 at 12:06 AM , Blogger dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

My sweet friends, I haven't seen you in ages!!! Thank you so much for the nip toys. Kitten tried to take mine, but I gave him a little thwock heh heh heh

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home