This Page

has been moved to new address

Lippe's Visit with Pumpkin

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Adventures of a Suburban Kitty: Lippe's Visit with Pumpkin

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Lippe's Visit with Pumpkin

Hi everyone! Sorry I'm a couple of days late with my blog. I had no typist for the weekend. *glares at mom*

I'm gonna let Lippe use the blog today to tell you about his visit here. We've been having a great time playing with my toys and my fursibs, but that was all when Mom wasn't home so we don't have many pictures of us playing. Lippe's gonna tell you about his adventures with Mom that I didn't get to go to. Here's Lippe.

Lippe here. I've been all kinds of places and did all kinds of things while I've been in Colorado. I can't believe how much fun I've had. Aside from all the fun I've had with Pumpkin and her fursibs, here's some of what I did with Pumpkin's mom. If the dates look funny to you, it's how we write them in Europe, day first, then month, then year.

24/5/11   I arrive at Pumpkin's Mom's office and hung out with her at work.   

26/5/11    Estes Park, CO    This was a long, busy day. We drove up to Estes Park and stopped at the Colorado Cherry Store on the way up. Then we went to Estes Park Brewery to buy some beer. After that we went to Rocky Mountain National Park (RMNP) and saw lots of critters, especially elk. Then we walked around town for a while and went to a winery for a wine tasting. After a full day in Estes Park we stopped at Costco on the way home to shop. I couldn't believe how big Costco was. When we finally got home I fell right to sleep and didn't even wake up for dinner. I must have been tired to sleep through a meal.   

27/5/11    Nowhere special    Got the car fixed (I didn't break it), met Pumpkin's mom's friend for lunch and some shopping, climbed a big bear!   

30/5/11    Second Creek Nature Trail    I finally got to ride in Pumpkin's super cool stroller! We went on the nature trail right behind Pumpkin's house. We saw lots of bunnies and birds. The weather was turning bad while we were walking and we got back to the house just in time not to get rained on.   

1/6/2011    Rocky Mountain Arsenal Wildlife Preserve    Pumpkin's mom likes to do lots of outdoor naturey stuff, so we went to a wildlife preserve. We saw prairie dogs, bison, hawks and eagles, bison, deer, bison, rabbits, bison, and lots of other critters. Oh, and did I mention the bison? They were tremendous, like elephants. Well, maybe not that big, but almost.   

3/6/2011    Colorado Symphony Orchestra (CSO)    I went to work with Pumpkin's mom and then we went out to dinner and to the symphony to hear Sandi Patty. The whole evening was fun. We sat outside for dinner and the restaurant next door had live music outside, so we really had 2 concerts that night! Walking back to the car after there were so many people out and the streets were super busy. It was lots of fun watching all the people.   

4/6/2011    CSO again!    We spent the whole day in downtown Denver wandering around. We started out at the City and County building. We climbed all the way to the top and got a picture on the roof. It was fun. Then we walked through a street festival called The People's Fair. The heart of downtown is a street mall called the 16th Street Mall. There are free shuttles that run up and down the mall. We got to ride one for a while. We also took lots of pictures of cool buildings. There were pianos all over the mall and people playing them. I played one, too. We saw the railroad yard, bridges, Union Station, and Coors Field. Then we had dinner and went to the symphony, this time to see Pink Martini. They were awesome. I loved it! It was a long day with a lot of walking. I was a very tired but happy bear when we got back to the house.   

10/6/11 - 12/6/11    Back to Estes Park    We went back up to Estes Park, and this time stayed the whole weekend. We stayed at a lovely cabin in a place called The Evergreens. It had a spa tub and kitchen and we relaxed a lot. A little chipmunk came in our room. We gave it a piece of hot dog bun and got a picture of it running off with the bun. It was so cute. We went back to RMNP. This time we saw bighorn sheep and a brown bear in addition to elk and deer. We also spent lots of time walking around town and watched a man blowing glass and I got a new shirt. We walked around the Stanley Hotel. This is the hotel that inspired Stephen King's 'The Shining'. When we left Sunday, instead of driving straight back to Denver, we drove back through the park, over Trail Ridge Road, through Grand Lake and over lots of mountain passes. Trail Ridge Road goes over 12,000 feet high. There was still snow at the top and it was like 12 feet high! We also crossed the Continental Divide. I'll have to look that up because that was a big deal, but I don't know why. Something about which way the rivers run on each side of the divide. The whole weekend the weather was perfect. We had a wonderful time.  

That's the highlights of my trip to Colorado. I hope you all enjoyed my pictures online at Lippe's Visit with Pumpkin. Not all the pictures are up yet, but they should be by the weekend.

Pumpkin back again. As you can see, Lippe kept Mom furry busy the last few weeks. We've all really loved having Lippe visit us and are kind of sad he has to go. But we've had a nice long visit, and now it's someone else's turn to enjoy Lippe's company. I hope he has a wonderful time on the rest of his trip. It's gonna be awfully quiet and boring around here without him. We love you Lippe!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At June 15, 2011 at 3:42 AM , Blogger Mariodacat said...

OMC - Lippe did so much when he was with you. We're still sifting through all the great pictures. Lippe is a big eater isn't he! Guess we forgot to warn you about that.

 
At June 15, 2011 at 7:06 AM , Blogger Pandafur said...

Wow that wuz a grate visit! Pumpkin you an your mom sure haz lots of fun stuff to do at colorado. I bet seeing that chipmunk wuz xciting. Iz gonna go look at your pikchures an see your noo shirt Lippe *purrr*

 
At June 15, 2011 at 9:35 AM , Blogger Pumpkinpuddy said...

@Pandafur Mom's not putting the new pictures up until this weekend, so the new shirt and the chipmunk and stuff aren't up yet. They'll be at the same link. I'm so excited that you want to see them.

 
At June 19, 2011 at 3:54 PM , Blogger Pumpkinpuddy said...

The rest of the Lippe pictures are posted!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home